We See Talent Everywhere
Supporting an Inclusive Culture
Problem solvers. Relationship builders. Client advocates. People supporters.
It takes all kinds of individuals, with all kinds of perspectives and backgrounds, to come together in making Barnes Dennig a great professional services firm. Diversity makes us strong and unique. If you’re motivated and seek challenges, there’s a future for you here.
From interns to directors, we seek out those hungry to learn and help them shape a rewarding career with us. Which includes creating a culture that supports and celebrates everyone.
We do it by:
Finding and growing future Business Advisors
It starts with raising awareness around the broad range of careers in accounting and giving students from diverse backgrounds an opportunity for exposure. Internships are a great way to do both of these things. That’s why, at Barnes Dennig, we:
- Participate in the Corporate Work Study Program with DePaul Cristo Rey, a Cincinnati Catholic high school whose mission is “to educate young people who have the potential but limited financial means to go to college”
- Recruit students from non-traditional 4-year colleges and universities, like Cincinnati State, or historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in our region such as Central State University and Wilberforce University
- Partner with regional and campus chapters of the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
Ensuring the equity that sparks achievement
Barnes Dennig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. That means, among other things, that we treat our employees fairly, without regard to:
- Sex (including pregnancy, transgender status, and sexual orientation)
- National origin
- Age (40 or over)
- Genetic information
We also expect our employees to show dignity and respect towards others. This creates an environment of inclusion and collaboration that brings out the best in everyone. Our employees notice it. Our clients notice it. And so do our peers.
Empowering women to achieve
For more than a decade, our Women’s Growth and Development Initiative has made us a mecca for women with talent and vision. We help bring their presence to the boardroom by:
- Creating and facilitating internal and external opportunities building their network
- Elevating and advancing women in assembling their leadership toolkit
- Providing unique and flexible opportunities in and across our firm
- Spotlighting their successes
Barnes Dennig professionals continue participating in WE Lead — an elite women’s leadership development program — through the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. WE Lead helps high-potential, goal-oriented women advance their careers and elevate their leadership capabilities. It prepares, positions, and empowers women at the management level to move into higher leadership roles.
So it’s not surprising that 34% of our Directors and Principals and 37% of our overall leadership are female. In fact, 5 of our last 9 Director promotions have been female, and in 2023, we welcomed a historic all-female class of Director promotions. And there are many other women shaping the future of our firm – learn more about them and the value they bring to our clients, our team, and our communities by exploring our leadership team bios.
We value people
Barnes Dennig has always believed in seeing beyond the numbers. As a firm, we make it our business to help worthy organizations in communities where we have a presence. Specifically, we:
- Donate volunteer hours and money to various local organizations
- Conduct an annual Outreach Day, closing the doors and sending our team out in the community for a day of service
- Participate in annual campaigns for United Way, Artswave, and the American Heart Association, raising thousands of dollars to support the great work these organizations do in our communities
- Support Junior Achievement with financial contributions, annual Bowl-a-Thon, and volunteer hours
- Serve on non-profit boards throughout the communities we live in
- Maintain a strong Not-for-Profit practice to help local organizations fulfill their missions
We never stop looking for new ways to unlock potential. Columns of numbers don’t just add up to profit; they also support causes, careers, and families. And that’s inspiring.