Construction Benchmarking Report
Benchmark Your Construction Company
Charting a Blueprint for Success
What are other contractors in our region paying by position? What compensation and bonus strategies are they using? What benefits are they using to control costs and retain top talent?
Our biennial construction compensation, benefits, and benchmarking study answers these questions and many more – great information you can use to build a competitive advantage.
Our 2020 study of 67 local general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $433,311.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 43% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 75% give bonuses to field workers compared to 94% for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 89% in 2018 to 88% this year.
- 87% of contractors list attracting and retaining qualified personnel as their top challenge in 2020, down from 97% in 2018.
This 50-plus page report examines financial benchmarks, compensation by job title, benefits provided and issues facing the industry. Both union and non-union workplaces are included and participants’ sales range from less than $5 million to more than $100 million.