Construction Benchmarking Report
Benchmark Your Construction Company
Chart a Blueprint for Success in 2020 and Beyond
Do you wonder what fellow contractors pay by position? What compensation and bonus strategies they utilize? What issues they are struggling with today? Our biennial construction compensation, benefits, and benchmarking study–“Measure Up Against the Competition”–looks at these trends and much more.
Our 2020 study of 67 local general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $433,311.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 43% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 75% give bonuses to field workers compared to 94% for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 89% in 2018 to 88% this year.
- 87% of contractors list attracting and retaining qualified personnel as their top challenge in 2020, down from 97% in 2018.
This 50-plus page report examines financial benchmarks, compensation by job title, benefits provided and issues facing the industry. Both union and non-union workplaces are included and participants’ sales range from less than $5 million to more than $100 million.
Download the report preview here.