Construction Benchmarking Report
Benchmark Your Construction Company
Charting a Blueprint for Success
What are other contractors in our region paying by position? What compensation and bonus strategies are they using? What benefits are they using to control costs and retain top talent?
Our biennial construction compensation, benefits, and benchmarking study answers these questions and many more – great information you can use to build a competitive advantage.
Our 2022 study of 73 local general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $475,319.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 56% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 59% calcualate bonuses using the discretionary method as opposed to 40% using company goal.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 88% in 2020 to 80% this year.
- 92% of contractors list attracting and retaining qualified personnel as their top challenge in 2022, up from 87% in 2018.
This 50-plus page report examines financial benchmarks, compensation by job title, benefits provided and issues facing the industry. Both union and non-union workplaces are included and participants’ sales range from less than $5 million to more than $100 million.