Building a Brighter Future – Together
Barnes Dennig and Thorn Lewis + Duncan have joined forces – driving new levels of success for our clients. Learn more.
We go beyond the numbers to help you thrive, with innovative insights and game-changing strategies designed to minimize your tax burden and maximize your cash flow.
As one of Inside Public Accounting’s Top 200 Accounting Firms, we offer tax, accounting, audit, business consulting, and advisory services to make the most of your opportunities. Services include the ERC tax credit and PPP loan forgiveness, cybersecurity, SOC reporting, state and local tax compliance, sales tax compliance management, Opportunity Zone investments, business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and much, much more. Contact us – we’re here to help.
“Barnes Dennig has provided excellent accounting services and advice to our company and shareholders for the past 7 years. I highly recommend them!”
– Leslie M., Controller
Industries We Serve
May 4, 2021
Indiana Subcontractors Webinar
May 18, 2021
Manufacturing Compensation Study Reveal
May 25, 2021
Kentucky Manufacturing Compensation Study Reveal
March 23, 2021
ACI Construction Webinar
February 25, 2021
OVABC Ask the Experts Forum
Construction Benchmarking Report
Chart a Blueprint for Success for Today and Tomorrow
Our 2020 study of 67 regional general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $433,311.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 43% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 75% give bonuses to field workers compared to 94% for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 89% in 2018 to 88% this year.
Manufacturing Benchmarking Report
Sparking Continuous Improvement for Manufacturers
Our 2019 study of 97 local manufacturers found:
- CFOs in smaller companies earned total compensation of $170,348, which is about $53,470 less than paid at larger companies.
- Healthcare costs increased by 8% on average.
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents offer an HSA, with 80% of companies reviewing or considering them.
- Larger companies work 10.7% overtime annually, companies with fewer than 100 employees work 8.0% overtime annually.
Not-For-Profit Benchmarking Report
Are You Prepared to Handle Your Organization’s Future?
Our 2019 study of 117 local not-for-profit organizations found:
- Staffing will remain the same except for healthcare organizations who are anticipating increases.
- Salaries for executive directors/presidents/CEOs range from a low of $94,383 to a high of $208,958, with an average of $141,527.
- Over the past three years, non-profits have reported an average annual premium increase between 8-12%.
- Three-fourths of all audit committees have CPAs as members.
Wholesale/Distribution Benchmarking Report
Supplying Success to Distributors
Our 2020 study of 47 regional wholesale distribution companies found:
- One third of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $74,359, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 10.35%, with ROTA equaling 9.5% for smaller companies and 11.9% for companies with greater than 50 employees.
- 89% offer a 401(k) plan, a decrease from 93% in 2018.