Building a Brighter Future – Together
Where could your organization go if you had more time to focus on the future, instead of getting pulled off course by the demands of your day? Let us focus on the details, so you can spend more time looking toward the future.
Why Barnes Dennig? Our team of consultants, accountants, and tax advisors provides in-depth insights and game-changing strategies you can rely on to move your organization forward with confidence.
See how Barnes Dennig can help you design a path to a better, brighter future.
“We have an excellent, long-term relationship with Barnes Dennig, and the people who work there have always provided timely, relevant, and reliable information, support, and counsel.”
– Rich E., President & CEO
Industries We Serve
August 30, 2022
October 12, 2022
The 2022 Nonprofit Leadership Summit
May 19, 2022
Construction Compensation Benchmarking Study Webinar
February 23, 2022
Supply Chain Virtual Event
February 11, 2022
Indiana Construction Lunch
Construction Benchmarking Report
Chart a Blueprint for Success for Today and Tomorrow
Our 2022 study of 73 regional general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $475,319.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 56% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 59% calcualate bonuses using the discretionary method as opposed to 40% using company goal.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 88% in 2020 to 80% this year.
Manufacturing Benchmarking Report
Sparking Continuous Improvement for Manufacturers
Our 2021 study of 96 local manufacturers found:
- CFOs in smaller companies earned total compensation of $166,491, which is about $43,512 less than paid at larger companies.
- Healthcare costs increased by 6% on average in 2021.
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents offer an HSA, with 66% of companies reviewing or considering them.
- Key metrics used by manufacturers include net/percentage of sale, EBITA and inventory turnover among others.
- Larger companies work 8.8% overtime annually, companies with fewer than 100 employees work 7.8% overtime annually.
Not-For-Profit Benchmarking Report
Are You Prepared to Handle Your Organization’s Future?
Our 2021 study of 94 local not-for-profit organizations found:
- Staffing will remain the same except for healthcare organizations who are anticipating increases.
- Salaries for executive directors/presidents/CEOs range from a low of $94,383 to a high of $208,958, with an average of $141,527.
- Over the past three years, non-profits have reported an average annual premium increase between 8-12%.
- Three-fourths of all audit committees have CPAs as members.
Wholesale/Distribution Benchmarking Report
Supplying Success to Distributors
Our 2020 study of 47 regional wholesale distribution companies found:
- One third of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $74,359, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 10.35%, with ROTA equaling 9.5% for smaller companies and 11.9% for companies with greater than 50 employees.
- 89% offer a 401(k) plan, a decrease from 93% in 2018.