The Barnes Dennig team is here to help you thrive, with innovative insights and game-changing strategies to help you maximize your cash flow and minimize your tax burden. We offer tax, accounting, audit, consulting, and business advisory services to businesses and organizations in a wide range of industries, and as one of Public Accounting’s Top 200 Accounting Firms, we have the resources and expertise to make the most of your opportunities.
To drive your success, we go beyond the numbers, offering a broad spectrum of services ranging from PPP loan forgiveness, cybersecurity, SOC reporting, state and local tax compliance, and Opportunity Zone investments to business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and wealth management. We’re laser-focused on helping you navigate the road ahead and make the most of financial opportunities. Contact us to learn more – we’re here to help.
Construction Benchmarking Report
Chart a Blueprint for Success for Today and Tomorrow
Our 2020 study of 67 regional general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $433,311.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 43% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 75% give bonuses to field workers compared to 94% for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 89% in 2018 to 88% this year.
Manufacturing Benchmarking Report
Sparking Continuous Improvement for Manufacturers
Our 2019 study of 97 local manufacturers found:
- CFOs in smaller companies earned total compensation of $170,348, which is about $53,470 less than paid at larger companies.
- Healthcare costs increased by 8% on average.
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents offer an HSA, with 80% of companies reviewing or considering them.
- Larger companies work 10.7% overtime annually, companies with fewer than 100 employees work 8.0% overtime annually.
Not-For-Profit Benchmarking Report
Are You Prepared to Handle Your Organization’s Future?
Our 2019 study of 117 local not-for-profit organizations found:
- Staffing will remain the same except for healthcare organizations who are anticipating increases.
- Salaries for executive directors/presidents/CEOs range from a low of $94,383 to a high of $208,958, with an average of $141,527.
- Over the past three years, non-profits have reported an average annual premium increase between 8-12%.
- Three-fourths of all audit committees have CPAs as members.
Wholesale/Distribution Benchmarking Report
Supplying Success to Distributors
Our 2020 study of 47 regional wholesale distribution companies found:
- One third of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $74,359, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 10.35%, with ROTA equaling 9.5% for smaller companies and 11.9% for companies with greater than 50 employees.
- 89% offer a 401(k) plan, a decrease from 93% in 2018.