Building a Brighter Future – Together
If we are truly measured by the company we keep, then we are in GREAT company. We’re excited to announce Barnes Dennig is an Honoree of the Goering Center’s 22nd Annual Family and Private Business Awards.
We go beyond the numbers to help you thrive, with innovative insights and game-changing strategies designed to minimize your tax burden and maximize your cash flow.
As one of Inside Public Accounting’s Top 200 Accounting Firms, we offer tax, accounting, audit, business consulting, and advisory services to make the most of your opportunities. Services include the ERC tax credit and PPP loan forgiveness, tax consulting, cybersecurity, SOC reporting, state and local tax compliance, lease accounting, Opportunity Zone investments, business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and much, much more. Contact us – we’re here to help.
“We have an excellent, long-term relationship with Barnes Dennig, and the people who work there have always provided timely, relevant, and reliable information, support, and counsel.”
– Rich E., President & CEO
Industries We Serve
December 9, 2021
Virtual International Tax Event
November 9, 2021
2021 Tax Team Signature Event
November 3, 2021
ITR Economics Signature Forecast
October 28, 2021
2021 NFP Compensation & Benefits Benchmarking Results Revealed
October 6, 2021
2021 Annual Not-for-Profit Leadership Summit featuring Sheri Chaney Jones
Construction Benchmarking Report
Chart a Blueprint for Success for Today and Tomorrow
Our 2020 study of 67 regional general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $433,311.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.2 years of experience; 43% total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 75% give bonuses to field workers compared to 94% for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches decreased slightly from 89% in 2018 to 88% this year.
Manufacturing Benchmarking Report
Sparking Continuous Improvement for Manufacturers
Our 2021 study of 96 local manufacturers found:
- CFOs in smaller companies earned total compensation of $166,491, which is about $43,512 less than paid at larger companies.
- Healthcare costs increased by 6% on average in 2021.
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents offer an HSA, with 66% of companies reviewing or considering them.
- Key metrics used by manufacturers include net/percentage of sale, EBITA and inventory turnover among others.
- Larger companies work 8.8% overtime annually, companies with fewer than 100 employees work 7.8% overtime annually.
Not-For-Profit Benchmarking Report
Are You Prepared to Handle Your Organization’s Future?
Our 2021 study of 94 local not-for-profit organizations found:
- Staffing will remain the same except for healthcare organizations who are anticipating increases.
- Salaries for executive directors/presidents/CEOs range from a low of $94,383 to a high of $208,958, with an average of $141,527.
- Over the past three years, non-profits have reported an average annual premium increase between 8-12%.
- Three-fourths of all audit committees have CPAs as members.
Wholesale/Distribution Benchmarking Report
Supplying Success to Distributors
Our 2020 study of 47 regional wholesale distribution companies found:
- One third of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $74,359, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 10.35%, with ROTA equaling 9.5% for smaller companies and 11.9% for companies with greater than 50 employees.
- 89% offer a 401(k) plan, a decrease from 93% in 2018.