Benchmark Your Wholesale Distribution Company
Supplying Success to Distributors
To attract top talent, wholesaler-distributors need to understand what their competitors are paying their employees and what benefits they offer. Our biennial wholesale distribution compensation & benefits benchmarking study–“Supplying Success to Distributors”–looks at pay scales by position, compensation strategies and industry trends.
Our 2022 study of 45 regional wholesale distribution companies found:
- One third of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $74,359, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The number one issue facing wholesaler-distributors is the impact of COVID-19, followed by hiring and retention.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 10.35%, with ROTA equaling 9.5% for smaller companies and 11.9% for companies with greater than 50 employees.
- 89% offer a 401(k) plan, a decrease from 93% in 2018.
This 37 page report looks at companies with more than 50 employees, and those with fewer than 50 employees representing companies with local, national and international presence.