Wholesale/Distribution Benchmarking Report
Benchmark Your Wholesale Distribution Company
Supplying Success to Distributors
To attract top talent, wholesaler-distributors need to understand what their competitors are paying their employees and what benefits they offer. Our biennial wholesale distribution compensation & benefits benchmarking study–“Supplying Success to Distributors”–looks at pay scales by position, compensation strategies and industry trends.
Our 2018 study of 46 local wholesale distribution companies found:
- More than half of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $68,037, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The number one issue facing wholesaler-distributors is attracting and retaining qualified personnel.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 11.1%, with ROTA equaling 10.3% for smaller companies and 13.3%.
- 93% of companies offer a 401(k) plan, an increase from 85% in 2016.
This 52 page report looks at companies with more than 50 employees and those with fewer than 50 employees representing companies with local, national and international presence.
Download the report preview here.