Manufacturing Benchmarking Report
Benchmark Your Manufacturing Company
Know what you have to do to “gear up for success”
Manufacturers continually reevaluate compensation and benefits packages to remain competitive with top talent while also controlling rising costs. From compensation by title to benefits offered to employees to company operations, our biennial manufacturing compensation & benefits benchmarking study–“Gearing Up for Success”–looks at these trends and much more.
Our 2021 study of 96 local manufacturers found:
- CFOs in smaller companies earned total compensation of $166,491, which is about $43,512 less than paid at larger companies.
- Healthcare costs increased by 6% on average in 2021.
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents offer an HSA, with 66% of companies reviewing or considering them.
- Key metrics used by manufacturers include net/percentage of sale, EBITA, and inventory turnover among others.
- Larger companies work 8.8% overtime annually; companies with fewer than 100 employees work 7.8% overtime annually.
This 50-page report looks at companies with under 100 employees as well as those with over 100 employees. Public, private, and family-owned workplaces in both union and non-union settings are included, and participants’ sales range from less than $5 million to more than $250 million.