Your Privacy is Important to Us
We highly value your trust and confidence in us, and we want to assure you that your personal information is kept completely confidential by us. As a Certified Public Accounting firm and a member of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants, we adhere to the highest level of professional ethical responsibility and obligations to protect the confidentiality of all client information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
In order to meet your needs in the course of tax return preparation, tax and financial planning, and tax compliance engagements for you, we collect various types of personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that we receive from you when you meet with us in person or over the phone, when you send us information by mail or email, through our website, on tax preparation worksheets, and on other documents or forms that we use in preparing your tax return or in providing other financial services for you. Such information includes: your name, address, social security number, income, investment and other assets, and other tax and financial attributes about you.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. Such information includes, your account balance, payment history or transactions.
- Information we receive from you when your browser interacts with us when you visit our website. Such information includes information transmitted on an internet “cookie,” such as your password to our site, your preferences on the site, and your internet service provider’s address.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit history and outstanding loan balances.
Is Personal Information Shared With Others?
We do not share any personal information about you to anyone without your express consent, except as permitted by law and as described below. The law permits disclosure in certain instances, such as if we must share information to protect against fraud, in response to a court subpoena, to others who are assuring our compliance with professional accounting standards (peer review), and the like. We may also share any or all of the information we collect, as described (again, except for consumer reporting agency information), to
- Nonaffiliated companies that perform support and marketing services on our behalf (such as data processing, market research and mailings), and
- Other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
For your protection, our agreements with these companies require that they also keep your personal information in the same confidence that we do.
How Do We Protect the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information?
Keeping your information confidential and secure is of utmost importance to us. We follow standard industry practices to actively protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your personal information. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information. In so doing, we restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and to support service companies and financial institutions mentioned above. In turn, those companies are legally and contractually bound to maintain the privacy of any personal information shared with them. Additionally, our employees are bound by internal confidentiality policies and are subject to disciplinary action for any policy violations.
What if You Become a Former Client?
Our Pledge to You
As Certified Public Accountants, our professional ethical obligations and responsibilities have always demanded no less than the highest regard and duties toward the confidentiality of your personal information and the security of your privacy. We will protect your personal information, use it appropriately, and accomplish your engagements with us in such a manner so as to always maintain your trust and confidence in us.