Wholesale/Distribution Benchmarking Report
Supplying Success with Compensation and Benefits Benchmarks
Get invaluable insights and build a strong competitive advantage – benchmark your wholesale-distribution company’s compensation and benefits against 47 regional companies. Data collection for the biennial report was completed in August 2020, so you’re up to speed with what’s happening in the market right now.
The 46-page report includes compensation and benefits by position, compensation strategies, and industry trends for companies with more than 50 employees as well as those with fewer than 50 employees, so you can easily compare against similarly-sized companies.
- One-third of respondents will hire additional employees this year.
- A warehouse manager at a company with more than 50 employees earns a base salary of $74,359, with nearly half of respondents providing a bonus on top of that amount.
- The number one issue facing wholesaler-distributors is the impact of COVID-19, followed by hiring and retention.
- The average Return on Total Assets (ROTA) is 10.35%, with ROTA equaling 9.5% for smaller companies and 11.9% for companies with greater than 50 employees.
- 89% offer a 401(k) plan, a decrease from 93% in 2018.
What Our Clients Say
“Investigating and gathering information for the Research and Experimentation Tax Credit was a big, intense project, but Barnes Dennig helped guide the process and communicated the details throughout. They kept us from getting lost in the weeds.”
– EASY WAY PRODUCTS
“Barnes Dennig brings advice that we may not have thought about…Also, the seminars presented by distribution experts like Michael Marks bring tremendous value, allowing us to educate and train our leadership team.”
– BRYAN EQUIPMENT SALES
Why Barnes Dennig
Barnes Dennig is one of Inside Public Accounting’s Top 200 Firms, and received the “Best of Accounting” designation from Clearly Rated in 2019 and 2020. Since being founded in 1965, the firm’s growth has stemmed from a focus on providing exceptional client service, depth of knowledge in select industries and strategic expansion. Today we are more than 150 employees strong, serving clients in three states and across the U.S. with operations spanning the globe.
From the earliest days of the pandemic and the legislative response, the Barnes Dennig COVID-19 Advisory Team has been providing news, insights, and perspective that have helped our clients minimize COVID-19’s impact and maximize the benefits of resulting legislation and guidance for the FFCRA and CARES Acts. We’re here to serve as a resource, guide, and sounding board for identifying opportunities, options, and strategies for your business or organization.