Benchmark Your Construction Company
See how you “Measure Up Against the Competition”
Do you wonder what fellow contractors pay by position? What compensation and bonus strategies they utilize? What issues they are struggling with today? Our biennial construction compensation, benefits and benchmarking study–“Measure Up Against the Competition”–looks at these trends and much more.
Our 2018 study of 67 local general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $550,150.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 16.7 years of experience; nearly half of total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 68 percent give bonuses to field workers compared to 91 percent for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches increased from 82 percent in 2016 to 89 percent this year.
- 97% of contractors list attracting and retaining qualified personnel as their top challenge in 2018
This 50 plus page report examines financial benchmarks, compensation by job title, benefits provided and issues facing the industry. Both union and non-union workplaces are included and participants’ sales range from less than $5 million to more than $100 million.
Download the report preview here.