Expatriate Tax

Simplifying Tax Compliance for Expats

You’ve moved abroad where everything is new. You are living in a new culture, meeting new people and possibly speaking a new language. You also have new concerns about taxes. As a U.S. citizen you are required to file a federal tax return and possibly a state return. What you owe will be dependent on where you live. You may be able to deduct some foreign income, but in some areas you’ll pay taxes just like you would if you were living in the States. And this doesn’t take into consideration your tax situation in your current country. Things can get pretty complicated, pretty quickly.

Whether you need help with U.S. or foreign taxes, we can ensure you are fully informed and compliant. Tax services we provide expats include:

  • Income tax treaty review
  • Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) compliance
  • Social security tax planning
  • Assistance with inquiries from U.S. and foreign tax authorities
  • U.S. expatriate tax return preparation and planning
  • Employee tax planning
    • Compliance with IRS tax filing requirements for expats
  • Foreign-earned income exclusion
  • Foreign tax credits

Expat Tax Experience: Our tax professionals have experience with both expat and foreign national tax planning and compliance services. We have helped many individuals save on taxes in both the U.S. and their country of residence. As members of Allinial Global, you have access to a wealth of resources around the world we can call upon to ensure you are taking advantage of the opportunities available to you.

Moving out of the country doesn’t mean you no longer have U.S. tax liability. Contact us so we can help you understand your tax position and ensure you’re compliant.