Apply Today: Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program
Published on by Rob Riesenbeck in Tax Services
Program Overview, Application, Key Dates
The Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program, also known as the “Voucher Program,” is an employer program designed to train workers and better the economic competitiveness of Ohio’s employers. The program is designed to reimburse eligible employer’s costs associated with enhancing the skills of its employees. Eligible employers must prove that they will be able to improve company processes and competitiveness by receiving assistance.
As of September 24, 2018, all eligible business can apply online, and applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The online applications can be submitted on October 11, 2018 between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Per program year, only one application per applicant is allowed.
For more information about the Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program visit the Ohio.gov site here.
Eligible employers must be for-profit entities in a state-designated targeted industry, with a facility located in Ohio that has been in continuous operation for the 12 months prior to the application submission. Targeted industries include:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Aerospace and Aviation
- Automotive (Automotive Technicians)
- Automotive (Manufacturing)
- Corporate Headquarters
- Financial Services
- Food Processing
- Information Technology and Service Logistics
- Polymers and Chemicals
- Research and Development
The company’s NAICS code will determine eligibility for a target industry. Visit www.naics.com for a listing of eligible NAICS codes.
Changes to the Program
The Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program has made the following changes to its program for the upcoming fiscal year:
- Each applicant is eligible for up to $2,000 in reimbursement for each eligible incumbent employee per Fiscal Year and up to $25,000 in total assistance per Fiscal Year.
- Companies that received Voucher Program assistance in Fiscal Year 2017 who used 33% or less of their award amount will not be eligible for assistance in Fiscal Year 2019.
- Companies that received Voucher Program assistance in Fiscal Year 2018 will not be eligible for assistance in Fiscal Year 2019.
- Fiscal year 2019 awards will reimburse training that begins and is completed between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
An eligible incumbent employee is someone who is directly employed by the Applicant at a facility located within Ohio and meets all of the following requirements:
- Employed in any of the following business functions: production, back office operations, information technology, logistics, research and development or as an automotive technician;
- Earning an hourly wage of at least 150 percent of the federal minimum wage ($10.88 as of January 1, 2012) plus benefits;
- An Ohio resident;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Working at least 25 hours per week; and
- Directly employed by the Applicant for six months or longer.
- Retail/service function employees are not eligible.
For any questions regarding the Voucher Program, have a Barnes Dennig team member reach out to you by contacting us here, or by calling 513-241-8313.