OBG Transition: Users Must Take Action to Avoid Delays
On Monday, July 2nd, the Ohio Business Gateway’s new platform went live. There was an option for users to pre-register for the transition. Those who did not need to do so soon to avoid filing delays.
According to the OSCPA, those who did not pre-register for the new platform have been unable to obtain client information and complete required filings through the Gateway. The users must first complete the registration process for OBG’s new platform.
This can be a time-consuming process, making it highly inadvisable to wait until a filing deadline to complete the transition process to the new platform. If you file on behalf of multiple taxpayers, taking action now will help avoid a time-crunch or late filings. Users will need four of the following five pieces of information for each business account:
- Full FEIN or last four digits of the SSN associated with the business;
- Email address associated with any user associated with the business’ Gateway account;
- Payment amount or date filed for a recent transaction completed on behalf of the business;
- Username associated with the business’ Gateway account before July 2;
- 16-digit email identifier code (for example, 1A22222B3C444444) located at the bottom of emails sent to you last week from the Ohio Business Gateway;
OBG’s Help Desk can be reached at (866) 644-6468. You could also contact the Ohio Department of Taxation directly for assistance at (888) 405-4039. In addition, The OSCPA Tax Policy Director, Greg Saul, Esq., has offered to answer any questions or concerns. He may be reached at (614) 764-2727, ext. 2224.
Some additional information may be found on the OSCPA website here.
The Barnes Dennig Tax Team will keep you informed of any updates and changes as they occur. Please reach out if you have any questions about the issues above and a member of the tax team will contact you.