The Opportunity Zone program, established through the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, aims to spur long-term private sector investments in low-income communities nationwide. Investors in Qualified Opportunity Funds (QOFs) participating within the designated Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZs) can take advantage of federal tax benefits in exchange for their investment in distressed communities.
Qualified Opportunity Zones are one of the most powerful tax deferral and elimination techniques in recent times. They are not just for real estate, but operating businesses are also eligible. Benefits include –
- Deferral on invested capital gains until 2026
- Up to a 15% elimination of deferred gain on investments held for seven years
- Tax-free appreciation on the invested capital gain
- State tax credits for investments.
Learn about both sets of proposed rules that have been released, including –
- Qualifying investments
- Timelines and deadlines to invest
- Guidance on real estate and operating businesses
Who Should Attend:
Property owners, developers, real estate managers, contractors and CFO’s.
Level and Prerequisites:
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. One hour of CPE will be awarded to attendees.