This week’s issue of Becoming a Strategic Partner focuses on personal substance and professionalism. It features an essay by Dr. Tony Allesandra on tolerance.
Specifically, Dr. Allesandra relays a five-step training tool for developing more tolerance:
- Examine common stereotypes.
- In the case of a difficult conversation, agree to disagree.
- Find people you consider different from yourself and build relationships with them.
- Talk about your differences with those people.
- Return to step one and talk more openly about the stereotypes.