A former controller for G&J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers, Inc. plead guilty to a wire fraud charge, and will serve 96 months in prison. Fortunately for G&J, the individual also agreed to repay $7,700,000 of the alleged $8,700,000 in fraudulent losses. According to the FBI, the former controller created a separate, illegitimate
Attaining success in the construction industry requires careful attention to many details, including labor costs, properly scheduling equipment rental, specialized labor and material/supply acquisition, among other things. Any disruptions, delays or overages can end up costing precious time and money. This has led many companies to leverage mobile technology to
You’ve probably heard of a “forensic accountant” or “certified fraud examiner” before, but what exactly do these titles mean? More importantly, how do you know if you or your company could use one? A forensic accountant is a professional who assists individuals or companies in expected or actual litigation matters,
Tax professionals and taxpayers need to be on high alert concerning a recurring scam involving fake CP2000 notices that are being mailed (via U.S Post Office) to taxpayers under the guise that taxes related to the Affordable Care Act are due. This scam is significant because, by using the U.S.
Not-for-profit organizations are always seeking ways to preserve and strengthen the confidence of their donors and the public at large. Most often these organizations focus on increasing transparency, enhancing governance and ensuring compliance with the highest ethical standards. In other words, they seek to embody the principles that make them
Barnes Dennig, USI Insurance and Custom Design Benefits recently released the biennial edition of the Manufacturing Compensation and Benefits Benchmarking Study. The study was summarized based on the 85 manufacturing companies that participated with 47% having more than 100 employees (large company) and the remaining 53% having less than