Benchmark Your Construction Company
See how you “Measure Up Against the Competition”
Do you wonder what fellow contractors pay by position? What compensation and bonus strategies they utilize? What issues they are struggling with today? Our biennial construction compensation, benefits and benchmarking study–“Measure Up Against the Competition”–looks at these trends and much more.
Our 2016 study of 50 local general and specialty contractors found:
- Gross revenue per FTE is $540,591.
- A general contractor president/CEO has 14.2 years of experience; nearly half of total compensation stems from bonus and/or commission.
- Of the companies that pay bonuses, only 74 percent give bonuses to field workers compared to 98 percent for project managers/estimators.
- The percentage of companies providing 401(k) matches increased from 59 percent in 2014 to 82 percent this year.
- Nearly four out of five contractors are having problems attracting and retaining qualified personnel.
This 50 plus page report examines financial benchmarks, compensation by job title, benefits provided and issues facing the industry. Both union and non-union workplaces are included and participants’ sales range from less than $5 million to more than $100 million.
Download the report preview here.