- The existence of the exchange;
- A description of the services provided by the exchange;
- How to contact the exchange to request assistance;
- The employee’s potential eligibility for subsidized coverage on the exchange if the employer’s group health plan doesn’t provide “minimum value” (i.e., the plan’s share of the total allowed costs of benefits provided under the plan is less than 60 percent of such costs); and
- The fact that the employee may lose the employer contribution (if any) toward health insurance coverage if he or she chooses to purchase individual coverage on the exchange.
Additionally, the Department of Labor (DOL) has released notices for employers–those who already offer health coverage and those who do not. According to the DOL, these sample notices can be modified; however, key information about the health insurance marketplaces must be included.
For more information on how to meet the October 1st deadline, please contact us or call 513-241-8313.